Moving can be fun, exciting, and sometimes necessary. If your move takes you to a different state, how does it affect your health coverage?
Moving to another state
- You must change your old plan if you are moving to another state.
- Reporting your move to the marketplace as soon as you can will help enroll you into a new plan and maintain your coverage.
- When moving out of the state you will need to start a new marketplace application in your new state
- Applying varies in each state. A state may use HealthCare.gov or its own website. Visit HealthCare.gov to get started.
Moving In State
- Your coverage should remain the same if you are moving within the same state.
- It is recommended that you do update your new address to be sure you are not missing out on any new savings and plans available to you.
- Here is how to update your address online.
For more health information look here.